Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Mission Statement

Ok, so here it goes.  The point is to force myself to change.  I will drag myself kicking and screaming into a new sense of self.  I'm tired of being me.  I don't want to die.  I just want to be someone else!

Steps I've taken?  I started reading my first self-help book. ( I never thought that would happen!  Jesus, Paul, and Ringo!  I've always smirked my way through life, and now I'm shuffling down the self-help aisle with hungry soccer moms!)  The book is The New Psycho-Cybernetics by Maxwell Maltz, and forgive my sarcastic soul for saying this, but it is actually GOOD!  Who knew?  There might be something to this shit!

I'm also "planning'' on working out.  I have a half-assed idea of running a marathon, but I should probably quit smoking first.

I also started painting (or trying to).  I figure another creative outlet can't hurt right?

Umm, let's see.  I quit masturbating. (Not really, why the hell would I quit masturbating?  A man has to draw the line somewhere!)

I started a blog.  ( I want a place to share my experience as I undertake this challenge, the point is not if anybody reads it, but to keep me honest.)

So, to sum it all up.  I am (at 30 some odd years of age) going to totally rebirth myself.  To become a new man, and to finally fix what my parents (and ex-wives, and myself) have fucked up so badly.  After 30 some odd years of f@ckin' up I am changing my ways.  So I will be sharing my story (hairy warts and all), and also poetry and other tidbits that I feel apply to this journey.  Thanks.......................................................J

No comments:

Post a Comment